3.16.2009

distracted...

Not me, at least, not right now.

I believe that it was Kevin Spacey who said, "The greatest trick that Satan ever pulled was convincing people that he doesn't exist." Or something like that. Its from a movie that I can't remember the name of. None the less its a profound statement.

The creation of distraction is satans greatest accomplishment.

I write this as I sit in my favorite coffee shop. I am looking around and observing all of the people. Admittedly this is one of my past times...observing people. I know I know it sounds rather "stalker esq" but just track with me. I see people of all walks of life being so distracted. Distracted with themselves, others, money, sex, spirituality, reading, family and everything else. I find it interesting, sad and dis heartening all at once. If only we would loose ourselves of ourselves and walk freely through life.

Blinded by life is this generation. Blinded by self and the pursuit there in.

God has such an awesome destiny for all of our lives. We just have to rid ourselves of this world and time and focus on God. Matthew 16:25.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Maybe what the people today need is a miracle, you know, like the old days :-)